For today’s post, I invite you to comment with your PC specs. Whether it’s a pre-configured desktop, a fully customized PC, a laptop, a netbook or any PC specs that you want to share, that’s good! You have several computers? Post the specs of all of them, or your favorite one, as you wish!
Why? Simply because you can learn a lot by looking at other PCs specs, parts that are matched together and because I want you to engage with our community. I’m very curious, I love PC Hardware and I’m sure that I’m not the only one, so asking for your PC specs just makes sense 😉
Also, tell us what you use your PC for and if your current PC meets your requirements. If not, what you like/change?
Need some guidelines?
Feel free to use this for a desktop PC:
- Brand/Model: If pre-configured/laptop, otherwise indicate Custom
- Processor: Model and speed. Overclocked? Feel free to add voltage/cooling, screenshots links.
- Motherboard: Brand/Model/Modification
- RAM : Quanity/Speed/Timings
- Hard drive: Capacity, RPM, SATA or IDE, any RAID array, size (1.8″, 2.5″ or 3.5″)
- Video card: Model, SLI/Crossfire, overclocking?
- Case: Model; Any modification?
- Cooling: Cpu heatsink/fan, case fan, water-cooling, etc.
- Power Supply:
- Operating System: Windows XP? Vista? SP1/2/3? Home? Basic? Pro? 32 bit? 64 bit? Linux?
- How much did you pay for it?
- When was it bought/built?
- Screen size/resolution
For laptops, add the following:
Battery life: With wifi? Screen brightness?
Add anything you’d like to mention, such as overclocking, any particular tweeking/software that you’ve done/are using, etc.
Are you planning on upgrading it? Any future project?
I’ll start with my laptop:
It’s an HP tx 1000
AMD Turion X2 TL-66, running at 2.3GHz
2GB of DDR2-677MHz SO-Dimm in dual-channel
160GB Hard Drive
Integrated Geforce 6100
12″ screen, 1280×1024 touchscreen
Battery lasts about 3 hours, with WIFI and full-screen brightness
Weights about 4lbs
OS: Windows XP Pro SP3
I paid $355 USD, bought it used on Ebay.
I use RightMark to undervolt the cpu and control the speed via a profile. That way the cpu stays cooler (The tx series are plagued with overheating problems…) and the laptop has a longer battery life. I plan to open it to put arctic silver 5 for the cpu cooler, hopefully lowering the temperature even more. Right now, it’s running at 50-60C on idle/low usage and tops at 75-80C during heavy load. Quite too hot for my laptop when sitting on a chair, but I can live with that right now.
I’m sure some of you remember my desktop computer, which is no more. Still, I’ll post its specs:
- Custom made
- E5200, lapped running at 4.1GHz
- ASUS P5B-E, changed the northbridge heatsink, added a few small heatsinks and did the pencil v-droop mod.
- 2GB (2x1GB) Crucial Ballistix. DDR2 800Mhz at stock, can’t remember the overclocked speed. 4-4-4-12 at stock
- Two Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200rpm 16MB cache in a 500GB RAID 0 Array
- Sapphire X1950 Pro, kept stock since it was fast enough for the games I was playing
- Antec 900, with two hole drilled in the back for the tubing of my water-cooling setup
- Swiftech CPU and GPU waterblocks, Swiftech MCR320-QP 3x120mm radiator, Swiftech MCP355 pump, with a Petra’s Tech top, a Swiftech reservoir, 6x 120mm fans, with 1/2″ OD Tubing. Arctic Silver 5
- Antec HE 550 Watts
- Windows XP Pro SP3
- Paid about $1500 if I remember well and an extra $100 for the cpu upgrade (From E6300 to E5200)
- Built in the summer of 2007
- 19″ 1280×1024
What do I mean it’s no more? I disassembled it recently and as a matter of a fact, I’m selling the cpu, motherboard, RAM, Hard Drives, Video Card and Power Supply on Ebay.
I know, I know, what kind of power user am I to use only a laptop? 😛 With all the advancement in computing power in the last few years and the fact that I no longer play video games, I no longer need that much power and I simply prefer the mobility of a 12″ laptop.
Anyway, enough of me! Go on and comment with your PC specs, what your use it/them for and your personnal experiences. I can’t wait to hear from you and discuss with you.